Getting a new car whether new or used is an exciting thing! You start with promises of upkeep: no food whatsoever, no drinks - and pledges to vacuum it out weekly! For a few of you, you will keep this up for the lifetime of your vehicle, but for the rest of us, slowly but surely weekly vacuuming trips turn into bi-weekly. The strict “no food ever” rule turns into, “no food that stains,” rule (especially if you have kids) and the cycle spirals from there.
The good news is whether you’re the first type of person or the second Everest Microbial Defense™ may just be the best move you can make to protect the longevity of your car second only to a regular oil change. Using Everest Microbial Defense™ to treat the interior may help you have a higher resale value in the future, but will be sure to make your ride safer today.
Let us explain. We all know that cars start losing their value pretty much from the day you drive them off the lot. What we don’t realize is that there are SIMPLE measures you can take to ensure your car performs well in an assessment for reselling simply by protecting surfaces vulnerable to stains, mold, mildew and odor.
When a dealer or broker assess your car they are looking for two things: significant mechanical issues and interior issues like smells, odors and stains that are beyond a deep clean. In addition to helping maintain the value of your car, you can also ensure everyone is having a safer ride by being protected from germs you pick up – and take with you throughout your day.
Here are a few steps you can take with various Everest Microbial Defense™ products to make your car better, longer!
- Treat the inside of the car immediately after a detailing or purchase.
- Wash and cloth floor mats with our Laundry Shield™.
- Treat weatherproof and cloth mats alike with our EV360™ Antimicrobial Protectant to kill harmful germs (even superbugs!) we track in on our shoes.
- Keep our 24hr Antimicrobial Hand Purifier™ on hand at all times so you’re never walking into or out of a potential petri dish without protection and then brining those germs into your car.
- Treat the air filters to make your drive cleaner AND safer.
- Use our Everest Microbial Defense Treated Microfiber Cloths to regularly maintain cleanliness of frequently touched surfaces: steering wheels, various buttons door handles, etc.
- Immediately clean spills once they happen, and protect against future ones with EV360™.
Have more ideas?! Comment below to let us know!